Engineering Manager Penge This role manages the technical expertise in the motion control product range, including motors, resolvers, encoders and traxsys track ball product ranges...
Scheduler/Buyer - Penge
The Scheduler will form an integral part of the production team. With a strong, solid background in scheduling; the candidate will take a lead approach in scheduling the shop floor ensuring the correct materials are in the right place at the right time as part of an executable operational plan is in place that takes account of capacity and delivers the customer requirements.
The Buyer will support the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives for specific product lines.
Main Duties/Responsibilities - Scheduler
- Prioritise materials/issues through the supporting functions, e.g. Goods In, Stores, Dispatch, Purchasing, Engineering, etc
- Liaising with the purchasing team on materials availability, quality of supply
- Control traceability through the shop floor
- Raise and control Works Orders in line with MRP
- Control and maintain the fixed period within the Master Schedule in line with materials availability and capacity
- Work closely with operation leadership specific to forecast and planning activities
- Maintain MRP parameters in line with company policies
- Measured business drivers include WO Action Messages, MPS adherence, Inventory reduction, Stranded WIP & obsolesce, Customer on Time Delivery & Sales.
Main Duties/Responsibilities - Buyer
- Managing and controlling company's external suppliers for the Traxsys product range
- Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price, correct quality and delivered on time for production.
- Ensure the timely return of all defective materials and corrective actions are in place.
- Maintain MRP parameters in line with company policies.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend with the Supply Chain organisation.
- Measured business drivers include Action Messages, Supplier Rejections - DPPM & Return Time & Supplier OTIF.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under pressure.
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)
- Experienced in works order control
- A proven understanding of traceability
- Experience of working with MRP systems is essential.
- Proven ability to effectively represent the department at internal meetings and the presentation of Supply Chain performance achievements
- Co-ordinating with Quality personnel, resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and long term resolution of each concern
- Continuous development of self
- Ability to lead projects and negotiate with cross functional and cross market teams.
- Good business writing skills and ability to use networks to influence business activity and convince others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good relationship building skills.
- Ability to drive results and obtain information from a team.
- A proven team player with creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task, proactive with good presentation skills and self-initiative.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a reduced but robust supplier base.
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
- Experience of Purchasing bespoke, manufactured parts including scheduled deliveries.
- Experience of outsourcing to low cost countries would be an advantage.
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrates ability to manage a specific number of Commodities/Suppliers.
- Demonstrates the management and co-ordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance
- Continuous development of self
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.