Test Engineer Our client are a developer of Air Traffic Management Solutions. They are looking for 2 Test Engineers to join their testing team to...
Carbon 60 currently have a 6 month opportunity for a Fleet Technical Engineer in Maintrol for a prestigious MRO based in Heathrow.
You will be responsible for following laid down Technical procedures to deliver aircraft, engine and component technical, safety and cost performance targets along with continuous improvement of aircraft technical performance, engineering process and procedures.
- Member of a small team responsible for aircraft, engine or component operational and technical management as determined by the business requirements of the owning area.
- Ability to work shifts as required and provide out of hours support as reasonably required.
- Prepares or authorises technical data to ensure safe maintenance / repair / modification of BA aircraft engines or components.
- Provides on-site specialist technical support as required with due regard for safety technical regulatory and commercial requirements.
- Knowledge of electronic condition monitoring systems and their use to improve operational and technical reliability.
- Analysis and actions safety reports and repetitive defects.
- Monitors technical performance and develops corrective actions.
- Evaluates manufacturer's data for fleet inclusion.
- Optimises cost of ownership including budgeting
- Support business development initiatives to sustain the business plan.
Experience & Skills
- In depth fleet knowledge gained through considerable hands on experience
- Specific knowledge of aircraft mechanical and avionics systems, engines structures materials and condition monitoring
- High degree of business awareness
- Experience of working in project teams
- Experience of supplier management
- Problem Analysis / Technical Decision Making
- Self-Motivated and able to manage change
- Report Business plan and budgetary writing skills
- Team Player/ People Skills
- Proven communication Skills
- Project management / Prioritisation
Qualifications (Essential or desirable)
- Ability to hold CAA / EASA approvals or BA company approvals
- HNC / HND or equivalent in an engineering subject
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent industry experience
Expertise / Specialist Knowledge (Essential or desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and maintenance programmes.
- Detailed understanding of safety and quality systems
- Detailed knowledge of at least one aircraft from either Boeing or Airbus
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate
- BA systems
Please contact Stacey on 01329 227009 in the Carbon60 Aviation team if you are interested.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.