Have you got excellent written and verbal communication skills? Do you have good Microsoft Office experience? Are you well organised and have the ability to...
Our client based in Hillingdon, is looking for a Housing Grants and Adaptations Officer. This would be around a 3month initial contract, with lots of scope for extensions. We are looking at paying circa £315 per day.
The successful applicant will lead on the delivery of a programme of works to residents' homes including:-
- Specifying works, scrutinising the schedule of rates and agreed prices,
- Undertaking inspections ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed correctly by contractors
- Certification of all disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations completed
- Lead the contract management of a portfolio of contractors challenging under performance, setting and monitoring key indicators and confirming payments of invoices
- Provide challenge to existing procedures and identify, develop and implement cost effective, innovative solutions that improve business processes
- Working flexibly at various sites across the Hillingdon Borough as required
What we're looking for:
- Construction/Surveying/ property related Degree, Higher Education Qualification or equivalent experience
- Significant experience of managing construction or building and community projects at a senior level in a housing based service
- Experienced at preparing accurate specifications and undertaking inspections of works in relation to housing grants and adaptations for the disabled.
- A proven track record of successfully managing multiple complex projects involving a range of partners.
- Ability to conveniently commute across the Hillingdon Borough and able to fully access buildings/building sites/ rough ground in order to carry out aspects of the role
If this position as a Housing Grants and Adaptations Officer, working in Hillingdon is of interest, please apply to this advert to be considered for the role. Also, please feel free to give Lewis a call on 01296 311323 to discuss in more detail
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.