Product Design Engineer Our client is a global leader in the supply of Air Traffic Control communications solutions. This highly dynamic international company designs...
Our client is a global leader in the supply of Air Traffic Control communications solutions. This highly dynamic international company designs and manufactures a range of high technology communication equipment and seeks an individual to join the Product Engineering team working in product design and development. The role will suit someone who wishes to grow their career in a high-technology engineering company.
To design and develop software for communications systems products and their automated test systems. To work as part of a small team to develop embedded, desktop or server software.
- Work within a team to design, implement and document software in line with internal engineering and quality procedures, to include:
- Requirements capture and analysis, architecture and design
- Software development, integration and test
- Document the design in sufficient detail to facilitate future maintenance
- Future career development opportunities to lead small Integrated Product Teams to develop software and test capabilities for an identified product line within the Product Engineering department.
The applicant must:
- Have a degree in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
- Have methodical troubleshooting, communication and planning skills
- Be an innovative thinker with the ability to both work under own initiative and with others
- Have an understanding/experience of the following:
- C, C# or C++ programming languages
- Software design and development methodologies
Knowledge or experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Python programming language
- Web development technologies
- Software development in a Linux environment
- Digital Signal Processing techniques, communications modulation techniques
- National Instruments LabVIEW or TestStand
Support with Continuing Professional Development will be offered, including with professional memberships and registration where applicable.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.