Carbon60 are currently working in partnership with leading engineering company who specialise in the water industry. The company who is based in Peterborough are currently...
Product Design Engineer
Our client is a global leader in the supply of Air Traffic Control communications solutions. This highly dynamic international company designs and manufactures a range of high technology communication equipment and seeks an individual to join the Product Engineering team working in product design and development. The role will suit someone who wishes to grow their career in a high-technology engineering company.
To design and develop communications systems products and their automated test systems.
- Work within a team to design, implement and document products and test systems in line with internal engineering and quality procedures, to include:
- Requirements capture and analysis, architecture and design
- Electronics hardware and software development, integration and test
- Document the design in sufficient detail to facilitate future maintenance
- Future career development opportunities to lead small Integrated Product Teams to develop the hardware, software and test capabilities for an identified product line within the Product Engineering department.
The applicant must:
- Have a degree in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Have methodical troubleshooting, communication and planning skills
- Be an innovative thinker with the ability to both work under own initiative and with others
Knowledge or experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Principles and applications of analogue and digital electronics
- RF circuits
- Software development in a Linux environment
- Experience of C, C#, C++ or Python programming languages or web development technologies
- Experience of National Instruments LabVIEW or TestStand
- Digital Signal Processing techniques
- Understanding of communications modulation techniques
Support with Continuing Professional Development will be offered, including with professional memberships and registration where applicable.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.