Sales AdministratorSet in a rural location my clients state of the art offices, with extremely modern and beautiful décor, and surroundings. Globally recognised company within...
We have a new Transport Development Engineer / s278 Officer Position available for our position based in Brighton.
Purpose of the Job
- To lead on providing specialist and technical engineering and project management advice to others (including other professionals) in the design and delivery of highway works; secured primarily through the planning process.
- To assist in providing a high quality customer-focussed transport development control service, using professional expertise to provide technical engineering advice in line with statutory frameworks and guidance.
- To advise on negotiations with developers, to secure financial contributions and off-site improvements to highway infrastructure that support development proposals and helps meet the Council's Transport Strategy for the city.
- To advise on negotiations with developers and their agents to secure financial contributions for transport improvements, consistent with policy, via Section 38 and 278 agreements.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, a Chartered Engineer (or working towards Chartered status) or a comparable level of knowledge gained through relevant experience.
- Extensive up to date knowledge of highways design and construction and associated processes and including a good working knowledge of all relevant highway engineering legislation and guidance including Highways Act 1980, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD), Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and the Traffic Signs Manual.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant highway and planning legislation, including in relation to S38 and S278 agreements.
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety /Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) qualified.
If this Transport Development Engineer / s278 Officer Position, based in Brighton is of interest - please apply to this advert to be considered for the role. Alternatively, give Lewis a call on 01296 311323 to discuss the role in more detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.