Our client is a leading developer of control systems used on military and commercial marine vessels. They are looking for a Control Systems Engineer to...
Based within our engineering department, we're looking for a Test Engineer to provide specification, conduct and report of Verification & Validation activities for various projects.
Working with internal and external contacts you'll:
- Specify, run and report V&V activities for control systems (including Hardware Qualification and Software functionality)
- Produce V&V documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures
- Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- Travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required
- Carry out any other reasonable management request
Required skills & Experience:
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. control engineering, systems engineering
- Work within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Software testing of complex PLC based systems
- Fault diagnostics
- Planning & conducting hardware qualification tests
- Experience of Verification & Validation activities within Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Technical documentation, produced a high standard
- Test specification development
- Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Ship's Machinery Control & Platform Management Systems experience
- Commercial or Military Marine Engineering
- Siemens - Step 7, S7-300 & 400
- PLC Code Development
- HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
- Software Configuration Control
- Understanding of PC Hardware and PLC Hardware, Ethernet Networks
- Conducting and reporting Factory Acceptance Testing
- Understanding of Functional Safety (IEC 61508 - SIL)
- Presentation Skills
- MS Access, Excel, Word, Visio
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.