Lead Design Engineer GloucesterRole SummaryThe role involves the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on...
Design Engineer - Gloucester
The role involves the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus, Boeing, SAAB, Leonardo and other major customers. The Design Engineer will be designing and supporting actuation products (hydraulic or electro-mechanical), and/or hydraulic control valves within an aviation business.
Requirement of the Role
- Interpret customer's requirements/specification.
- Identify means for verification of requirements.
- Ensure that the product meets safety, performance, weight, schedule, cost and reliability requirements.
- Identify and communicate technical risks to projects stakeholders.
- Create and modify technical documentation (e.g. drawings, procedures and reports).
- Contribute and assist in design and programme reviews
- Participate in cross-functional teams and support problem solving and corrective action activities to resolve design issues, ATP failures and customer returns/failures.
- Support engineering changes, using Documentation Control Tools. [Windchill]
Requirements of the individual
- A solid engineering background - Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level) / or equivalent experience.
- A good understanding of Reliability, Safety / Airworthiness, Production methods,
- Materials and Processes, and Stress and Performance analysis
- Familiarity of designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks.
- 3+ years' experience of designing mechanical and/or hydraulic products, preferably within an aviation business.
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical components, geometric tolerancing, processing, precision machining, castings, forgings, metallic materials, military and industry standards.
- Appreciation of the drivers / requirements of Procurement, Design for Manufacture, Production and Quality.
- Understanding of design (FMEA), test and analysis tools (Mathcad, FEA)
- Experience using problem solving tools (8D, 5Why and other Lean tools).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity - Self-motivated and proactive.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Team Work - Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Engineers [Design/Analysis/Test] to iterate and optimise design solutions.
- Innovative- Able to offer alternative solutions and solve problems
- Committed to deliver on schedule.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.