A new opportunity has arisen at Bedford Borough Council for a Mechanical & Electrical Compliance Engineer. The role will be for an initial 11 week...
FPGA Application Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products, used in the defence and aerospace sector. They are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Field Application Engineer to provide pre- and post-sale technical support for customers in various countries.
- Provision of pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex systems.
- Promotion of products and solutions through road shows, seminars, Trade Shows, white papers and exhibitions.
- Work through all phases of customer interaction, including customer analysis, design implementation and support.
- Assistance in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
- Technical responsibility for pre- and/ or post-sales support of company products/systems.
- Implementation of detailed customer installation plans and some product training.
- Provision of a follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Contributions to business intelligence.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable practical experience in the Mil/Aero Embedded Systems industry
- In depth expertise in FPGA and VHDL is a pre-requisite (Xilinx FPGAs is a plus, including Vivado)
- Specific knowledge in signal processing
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Strong Technical/Practical background desired in the Embedded systems industry , spanning open architecture computer platforms, including but not limited to VME, VPX, CPCI, PCIe, Networking, Graphics, PowerPC and Intel architectures
- Specific knowledge of VxWorks, Linux and other leading Real Time operating system Software
- Experience in Systems Engineering/Hardware & Software Integration
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to see "The big picture"
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, self-starter, highly motivated individual, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.