An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Gloucester. The requirement is for a Manufacturing Enigneer to join the Composites...
A fantastic oportunity has arisen to join a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Gloucester, at what is a very exciting time for the Company. The requirement is for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join the Composites divsion on a permanent basis.
Candidates will bring with them their knowledge and technical understanding of manufacturing and production, and the ability to effectively lead a team of skilled Engineers.
Role Summary/Purpose : This role is to provide technical expertise and leadership experience into the Manufacturing Engineering Department based in Gloucestershire. You will lead a team of manufacturing engineers who take technical ME responsibility for Product Lines used in the manufacture of aerospace carbon fibre.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Technical leadership and governance of the ME team under your control
- Deliver shop support to the production lines and technical problem solving
- To own the shop floor instructions, quality metrics and standard manhours involved in production.
- Identify process improvements and see them through to implementation.
- Own and develop a Core process (process expertise)
- Degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline or demonstrated experience in lieu or equivalent knowledge
- Proven ME experience
- Technical competence of the broad range of manufacturing engineering topics which an ME Leader will take jurisdiction over
- Excellent Technical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Lean Practitioner and PM competence to deliver improvement projects
- Experience of New Product Introduction
- Experience of composite production
- Able to balance daily demands vs project work / long term problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications, comfortable communicating at all levels of the business (from the shop floor to the managing director)
- Demonstrated cross functional.
Desired Characteristics :
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience of dealing with suppliers
- Experience of dealing direct with customers
- Experience of R&D programmes
Experience of RTM CFRP Production
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.