A fantastic oportunity has arisen to join a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Gloucester, at what is a very exciting time for the Company. The...
An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Gloucester. The requirement is for a Manufacturing Enigneer to join the Composites division. This is a permanent role, that offers a long term career at an exciting time for the Company.
Role Summary/Purpose : This position will provide technical support to the production environment. The successful candidate will also support the program value streams for the purpose of development of prototypes, processes, and/or material data base qualifications. In addition, this person will provide engineering expertise to building complex composite components to meet quality, performance, schedule, and cost goals.
Essential Responsibilities :
* This person will also be responsible to resolve issue of difficult scope including scale up of materials and processes in a Manufacturing Technology environment and supporting continuous process improvement through Production implementation of the new technologies.
* Monitor composite manufacturing process metrics including yields and processing times.
* Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
* Support the operations of the manufacturing process to maintain production output.
* Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing of NPI's and for process improvements.
* Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
* Compile data and publish technical reports as necessary for new and existing processes in the department.
* Investigate and perform feasibility studies for new processes or techniques to reduce cost and improve quality.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage Medium and large-sized projects through implementation, including the direction of other technicians and operators.
* Maintain responsibility and accountability for all elements of a project/task.
* Determine critical path for projects and focus resources to ensure delivery on-time and on budget.
* Communicate project progress and problems clearly and concisely to all involved personnel including management teams.
* Proactively identify potential problem areas through regular process monitoring using statistical techniques.
* Create new drawings and specifications, and train others upon release.
* Operate as a self-directed team member with minimal supervision.
* Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Or HNC with proven experience as Process/Manufacturing Engineer within a composites environment
* Masters of Science in similar field is desired or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Proven experience within a manufacturing Engineering environment
Desired Characteristics :
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong problem solving skill
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.