A fantastic oportunity has arisen to join a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Gloucester, at what is a very exciting time for the Company. The...
A fantastic oportunity has arisen to join a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in Gloucester, at what is a very exciting time for the Company. The requirement is for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join the Surface Coating divsion on a permanent basis.
Candidates will bring with them their knowledge and technical understanding of manufacturing and production, and the ability to effectively lead a team of skilled Engineers.
Role Summary/Purpose :
Deliver technical expertise and leadership on surface coatings and the blade finish line and repair line processes to manufacture composite blades. You will be working for the Manufacturing Engineering Department based in Gloucestershire, UK. A multi-disciplined team of manufacturing engineers who take technical delegation for our Product Lines which manufacture aerospace and marine propeller systems to Time, Cost, Quality & Safety Targets.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Technical leadership and governance of the processes under your control. (Root Bond, Shot peen, Cuffing, Prep, Paint, Poly Coat, Leading Edge Guard, Overshoe, Sealing Paint, Part-marking, Bearing installation.
- Deliver line side shop support and technical problem solving to the production lines through the line side Manufacturing Engineers.
- Own and manage shop floor process instructions, quality metrics and standard manhours.
- Identify process and technology improvements and see them through to implementation.
- Support plant review meeting
- Champion structured problem solving and robust root cause corrective actions (RCCA) using industry best practise methods.
- Develop Core processes to continue to be world class.
- Influence and drive the improvements necessary in the various production lines and their respective integrated product teams (IPT)
- Be on the cutting edge of composite and manufacturing technology/ shop floor advancements in your area of expertise.
- Conduct Research & development beyond TRL6 and deliver into production
- Provide technical and commercial support to the supply chain through the sourcing teams.
- Provide support and champion use of digital shop-floor technologies.
- Develop and support Production Test rigs
- Demonstrated experience of high performance surface coatings and composite assembly line processes(CFRP) production to aerospace requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline or demonstrated experience in lieu or equivalent knowledge
- Project Management
- Excellent Technical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Lean Practitioner and PM competence to deliver improvement projects
- Experience of New Product Introduction
- Able to balance daily demands vs project work / long term problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications, comfortable communicating at all levels of the business (from the shop floor to the managing director)
- Demonstrated cross functional technical leadership experience
- Experience of production tooling (design, manufacture, maintenance, calibration & repair)
Desired Characteristics :
- Master's Degree qualified in a mechanical engineering subject.
- Chartered Engineer
- Project Management Qualification (PMP or equivalent)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience of dealing with suppliers (including tooling suppliers) and commercially astute
- Experience of dealing direct with customers on technical matters
- Experience of R&D programmes
- Experience of RTM CFRP Production to aerospace standards
Experience of multi axis machining, metallic treatments, assembly processes and testing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.