Engineering Project Manager Contract GloucesterRole SummaryThe Engineering Project Manager is responsible for execution and delivery of Engineering Projects across the lifecycle, including product introduction, product...
Engineering Project Manager - Gloucester
The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for execution and delivery of Engineering Projects across the lifecycle, including product introduction, product improvement, and in production/in-service support. The remit includes scope management, management of assigned resources, and costs & schedule of technical solution.
Requirement of the Role
- Project management of assigned projects, including scope definition, management of the technical solution, resource demands, costs & schedule, and risks & opportunities management.
- Contribute directly to technical solution development where appropriate, in line with base technical skills and experience
- Lead and direct assigned resources in the execution of engineering projects
- Provide project control board style data (progress and metrics) in support of the engineering projects reporting rhythm.
- Collate and present business case and/or rationale for New Product Introduction, Product Improvement, or Cost Reduction projects to wider engineering team and business. Work collaboratively with assigned customer facing Programme Manager
- Provide 'lessons learned' inputs to projects at the beginning of the design lifecycle
Requirements of the individual
- Degree in Engineering or Scientific subject, or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Good knowledge of aircraft actuation or similar products, including design lifecycle, verification and validation requirements, and production processes.
- Significant experience of managing product development through product qualification phases and into series production
- Significant experience of leading project teams in the support of in-service aircraft products.
- Experience of new product development and introduction of aircraft products or systems
- Experience of using project management tools & techniques to manage costs and schedule
- (PRINCE2, Project Management Book of Knowledge)
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative, cross discipline environment
- Appreciation of the drivers / requirements of Procurement, Design for Manufacture, Production and Quality
- Demonstrated ability of analytical and problem-solving skills. Innovative, able to offer alterative solutions
- Experience using problem solving tools (8D, 5Why and other Lean tools)
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and develop teams, and motivate individuals
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Committed to deliver on schedule
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.