Manufacturing Engineer Sunbury on ThamesScope of RoleWorking across operations, supply chain and design engineering to provide manufacturing engineering expertise in supporting existing and new products,...
Cell Leader - Sunbury on Thames
My client based in Sunbury on Thames are currently looking for a Cell Leader to cover their fans and winding cells.
Scope of Role
- To take full operational ownership of a manufacturing/aftermarket cells
- To manage and develop a team of operators;
- To ensure operational Output, OTD/TAT and Quality and cost targets are met
- To implement a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement culture
- Manufacture and deliver product as per agreed production plan to ensure company targets are met
- Set and measure daily/weekly output targets for the team
- Lead daily cell meetings to highlight and resolve any issues within area of responsibility including Delivery, EHS, Quality or Staff related topics
- Develop and enable team to meet company goals and customer requirements. Actively align cell capacity and capability with customer requirements; assess skills/capacity and implement cross training or recruitment programmes
- Work closely with supporting functions to ensure cell team is able to meet operational targets and continuous improvements
- Lead/train/mentor team in Lean manufacturing techniques
- Adherence to the MJR with weekly performance appraisal with operations manager/director.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
- Supervisory experience in a complex, low/medium batch production cell or MRO with a proven track record of people and change management
- Experience of implementing and driving through change in a lean environment including 5S, Gemba walks, EHS ownership
- Knowledge of Aerospace Quality Management Systems including traceability and operator self inspection, training records, skill matrix, Human Factor
- Knowledge of Air-conditioning/Heaters/Fans Equipment or similar engineered products would be an advantage
- Good PC Skills (MS Office)
- Ability to train and mentor
- Precision assembly experience, specifically motors and cooling systems would be highly beneficial, but complex assembly experience would be considered a pre-requisite
- Experience of working independently in a low / medium volume / batch build environment
- Able to read drawings and work to written instructions
- Good verbal communication skills at all levels, both externally and internally and very articulate
- Experience of problem solving tools, 8D, Fish bone diagrams, Poke Yoke
Education & Qualifications:
Good overall college education to A level or equivalent experience
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.