Software Engineer 6 month contract for a Maritime Defence company based in Surrey to work on Control System software.You will be working with PLC and...
Software Consultant Engineer - 6 month contract
Our client is a leading player in the space applications and services sector. They have an opportunity for a software engineer to work initially on our client site, in a satellite operations support group.
The Software Engineer will join a satellite operations support group who are responsible for the development and maintenance of a proprietary satellite monitoring and control system.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Telemetry and Telecommand database definition;
- Collating information on existing telemetry parameters (format, meaning, etc.) and converting formats;
- Understanding, modifying and extending existing satellite mission control software;
- Software testing and implementation;
- Migration of existing module that interfaces with operations databases from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related specialisation;
- Good experience in the development of Software applications related to the specific tasks of the position;
- Practical software experience covering: Linux, C++, CORBA, ECSS, CCSDS Standards for telemetry, SQL language, PostgreSQL and libpq;
- Ability to understand, and work with, legacy code.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.