Are you looking for your next Contract Role ?Based in NewportA Network Implementation EngineerAs a Network Implementation Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and...
Aerothermal Engineer (Defence)
Carbon60 have an exciting new contract opportunity for a number of Aerothermal Engineer to work in Bristol on a 12 month contract.
As an Aerothermal Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support to engine environmental protection (FOD, sand, icing protection & hot gas ingestion) and specialist analysis for RADAR and Infra-red modelling. Working alongside the mechanical design teams, you will specify the gas-washed surfaces and commit to system performance levels.
The System Design and Component Engineering aerothermal teams are responsible for the aerothermal design and validation of modules in the gas turbine main flow-path, including Intake, Fan, Compressor, Combustor, Turbine, After-Burner and Exhaust systems.
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract length: 12 Months (Possibility of extension)
- Location: Bristol
- Hourly Rate: Competitive Ltd rate. Limited Company Contractors are required to hold insurances
- Hours: Average of 37 a week (Overtime available but not guaranteed)
- Shift: Day shifts
- Ideally have fans and combustions team experience (Including Turbo machinery experience, fans or turbines and understanding of the combustion process and design
- Highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking
- Personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject. Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- Proven Aerothermal analysis skills - experience in Turbomachinery aerodynamic design would be beneficial
- Have a wide awareness of engineering issues & requirements
- Communicate clearly and succinctly on aerothermal matters
- Work well in a team
- Enthusiasm for working in the aerospace field
The successful candidate must complete BPSS security clearance.
For more information regarding the Aerothermal Engineer position in Bristol, please call Carbon60 Exeter on 01392 420613 or apply via website.
We look forward to hearing from you
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.