Network Design EngineerCompany: AirbusDuration: 6 Month Contract (HIGH LIKELYHOOD of extension)Hours: Full time (8:00am-5:00pm- ALWAYS opportunities to do overtime) Location: NewportRate: Up to £325 per...
Structural Systems Design Engineer (Defence)
Carbon60 have an exciting new contract opportunity for a number of Structural Systems Design Engineer to work in Bristol on a 12 month contract.
As a Structural Systems Design Engineer you will be responsible for understanding, analysing and defining/underwriting the static, vibratory and extreme event behaviour of structural systems including whole engine structural modelling, rotor dynamics and balancing.
The Structural System Design Engineer will work within either the Defence capability core team or deployed in Defence Programmes.
The deployed Structural System Design Engineer will deliver New Product Introduction to Production and In-Service Engine support.
The capability core develops, deploys and maintains tools, methods and processes and provides coaching to support the deployed Structural System Design population.
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract length: 12 Months (Possibility of extension)
- Location: Bristol
- Hourly Rate: Competitive Ltd rate. Limited Company Contractors are required to hold insurances
- Hours: Average of 37 a week (Overtime available but not guaranteed)
- Shift: Day shifts
- Analytical experience
- NASTRAN experience
- Experience of Analysis of loads (static, dynamic)
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject. Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- Experience in static and dynamic finite element modelling and analysis (e.g. NASTRAN, NX, Hyper works) and rotor balancing is highly desirable
- Capable technical communicator in written and presentation forms
- Chartered Engineer - Desirable
- A broad understanding of Gas Turbine physical and functional characteristics would be advantageous
The successful candidate must complete BPSS security clearance.
For more information regarding the Structural Systems Design Engineer position in Bristol, please call Carbon60 Exeter on 01392 420613 or apply via website.
We look forward to hearing from you
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.