I am looking for a Principal Planner and a Senior Planner to join a fantastic team based in Bedford on a 9 month contract.
To lead as case officer in the processing and determination of major planning applications on strategic sites and other strategic/corporate projects, to include the negotiation of the content of each scheme; the negotiation of necessary planning obligations.
To lead as Case Officer in providing development control and planning policy advice, urban design advice and co-ordinating the advice of other departments of the the business to applicants and their agents to assist them with the preparation of major/complex planning applications, masterplans, development briefs and design guides/codes.
To manage on behalf of the business, the implementation phase of development on strategic sites, (including those that cross administrative boundaries) to include the monitoring and enforcement of planning obligations to ensure the timely delivery of social, community and physical infrastructure on key sites. Advise upon the use of income from developer contributions for other departments and key community stakeholders, the resolution of conflicts all to secure the co-ordinated delivery of development on key sites.
To establish, contribute to and when required lead on the internal and external working groups of major projects and initiatives (including those that cross administrative boundaries) to facilitate the development delivery objectives and to resolve conflicts of interest where necessary in the best interests of the business.
Requirements for planners:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or with a suitable professional qualification related directly to the post and membership of the RTPI
- Substantial experience at a senior level dealing with major and complex planning applications with experience of multidisciplinary and partnership working to deliver key projects.
- In depth knowledge of statutory requirements, procedures and regulatory constraints relating to major public sector and private sector development schemes.
- Understanding of the issues involved in proposals for new settlements and urban extensions with an appreciation of urban design principles and the ability to achieve developments that incorporate these at a detailed level.
- Able to project manage and co-ordinate consideration of complex proposals within tight timescales, maintaining the positive negotiating style of the authority and capable of working individually on specific projects under the minimum of supervision and towards agreed objectives.
- Experience of presenting evidence as a planning witness at Public Inquiries and giving reports or presentations at committee and public meetings.
These roles are both a 9 month contract based in Bedford.
For more information please contact Leah Welsby on 01296 311427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.