Engineering ManagerAn outstanding opportunity for an accomplished and innovative Engineering Manager to join a world class Facilities Management Company based at their clients advanced Manufacturing...
Role: Mechanical Supervisor
To provide a Technical service in the Estates department to include the maintenance, operation and installation of a range of building services plant, equipment and services. To have a team approach and provide a quality maintenance service, supporting the client in providing excellent patient care. To act as team leader and supervise the work of the craftsmen.
The post holder will also supervise and co-ordinate the direct labour maintenance team.
The post holder will be required to participate in an "on-call" rota and be prepared to cover sickness, leave or other absence.
- To understand and have a full working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic control systems on client plant and equipment.
- To service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced mechanical, electrical and electronic management and control systems including fire alarms, security systems, building management systems (i.e. trend) and nurse call
- To carry out supervisory duties in support of the Estates Office in the management of the maintenance team.
- To assist the Line Manager with completion of statutory insurance work and inspections.
- To have a working knowledge of the current ACOP relating to water systems
- To undertake emergency release of trapped lift passengers as required (after suitable training)
- Typical equipment you will be required to maintain/repair will include but not limited to Air Handling plant, Chillers, Air compressors, Pumps sets, boiler plant both steam and gas, generator sets, Water distribution systems, and the vacuum transfer system.
- Diagnose and repair faults on the above plant and equipment in response to emergency calls
- Assist engineers in carrying out fault diagnosis and subsequently to carry out repairs or modifications
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant mechanical related qualification such as C&G or equivalent. (Plumbing, Mechanical Engineering, Fitting)
- Full driving licence
- 5 Years Skilled Experience working in a similar capacity In a critical environment
- Steam plant
- Demonstrate an understanding of safe systems of work , Water hygiene, steam distribution
Demonstrate training and experience in
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Diagnostic skills
- Control systems
- Heating & Ventilation
- BOAS Accreditation
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.