Line Maintenance TechnicianOxfordCarbon60 are looking for an experienced Line Maintenance Technician (Mechanic) to work a 12 month contract position based in Oxford. The contract may...
Master Scheduler - Gloucester
My client based in Gloucester are currently looking for a Master Scheduler on a permanent basis.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the planning teams. Strong management skills are required to lead, coach, mentor, and develop the team, ensuring efficiency and collaboration.
- Creation of a master schedule, planning and preparation of operation schedules. Maintains current production status reports.
- Leads the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process.
- Responsible for the coordination of all manufacturing order creation to the shop through analysis of Sales Order requirements.
- Develop requirements and standards to ensure business goals and performance metrics are attained through a cohesive standard of work.
- Work closely with Operations, Production, MRO and Engineering to establish true capacity plans based on demands vs resource availability.
- Develop a model and analysis from current Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system. Communicate department projects with operations management.
- Analyse inventory levels for purchased and manufactured goods. Monitors and manages material inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
- Expedites materials both internally and externally by communicating with supply chain and business functional contacts.
- Utilize the MRP/ERP system to create and manage production schedules and material demand requirements to execute a controlled flow of materials and labour timed to meet production requirements and customer delivery schedules.
- Tracks activity and delivery commitments through shop and with sub-contractors as necessary to expedite flow of materials to meet production schedules. Communicates schedule requirements internally and with suppliers and customers.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting material shortages to procurement and the production floor. Request updated delivery dates for shortages through Supply Chain, Manufacturing and MRO when they impact ship dates to our customers.
- Tracks and reports scheduling metrics.
- Improves and develops standard times for manufacturing processes.
- Minimise inventory input while maintaining on-time customer delivery.
- Ensures that production priorities are met.
- Revises schedules when required due to changes, material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
- Creates and maintains tracking systems for new and past due programs/projects, communicates plans/needs to team members and assists in execution where needed.
- Interacts with Quality, Materials, Manufacturing, MRO, Shipping, and Assembly to ensure deliveries are met.
- Ensures coordination with Operations Managers to make any adjustments to production schedules daily/weekly as needed to meet business and customer needs. Communicates demand information across the facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics.
- Keeps an open line of communication with the Planning group, Leads, Production Managers and Expeditors daily.
- Uses outside processing schedule to establish flow into production.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Fosters positive relationship with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years' experience working as a master scheduler in a manufacturing environment, aerospace preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Strong leadership skills to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- This position requires mathematical ability and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS office and ERP systems required.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.