Continued Airworthiness Manager My client is one of the leading emergency services aerospace companies providing all facets of air support to Air Ambulance and Private...
Business Transformation (Continuous Improvement) Leader - Gloucester
- Establish a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of my client's operating system.
- Develop and execute a business transformation plan that provides delivery of goals and metrics including Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Output, Cycle reduction / Inventory Reduction
- Lead projects, utilising Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma tools to drive improvements
- Accountable for developing appropriate operations metrics, lean strategy / execution
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document improvements.
- Drive change within the business to continuously improve performance, which includes managing the continuous improvement roadmap and creating a visual workplace.
- Assist the leadership team in the development of strategic continuous improvement plans for the business.
- Provide event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate support, and achievement of expected tangible benefits.
- Identify short, mid, and long-term wins that will transform the culture and produce results.
- Coach and develop a problem-solving culture at all levels of the organisation; implement permanent corrective actions to mitigate probability of reoccurrence
- Support the selection, training and development of leads deployed throughout the business.
- Deploy, facilitate and teach operating system tools which includes, but is not limited to, Lean, 6-Sigma, Problem Solving, APQP, PPAP etc. throughout all functions of the business.
- Establish a structure for the ongoing training and development of employees in lean transformation tools & techniques.
- Other various duties as needed or assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree strongly preferred in engineering, manufacturing/operations, or equivalent
- 5+ years of leadership operations experience in progressively responsible roles
- 5+ years of experience facilitating, coaching and implementing Lean/six sigma events and driving lean transformation with proven results.
- Working knowledge of SIOP and inventory management best practices
- Lean and Six Sigma Certifications or equivalent
- Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams, and implement improvement within an established time frame, with sustained improvements.
- High energy, data driven, and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and organization skills
- Must be comfortable teaching and presenting to large groups at all levels of the organization from shop floor to CEO.
- Strong project management skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and various analysis tools.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.