Principal Systems Engineer The System Design Authority (SDA) for Electro-optic and navigation data systems will be responsible for providing technical leadership and design governance on...
Principal Through Life Engineer
Leading the engineering office for our In-Service Torpedo Defence Systems, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a proactive response to emerging technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable
- Enacting programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance
- Ensuring that customer equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service
- Seeking opportunities to improve the in-service delivery performance of our Torpedo Defence Systems
- Coordinating and cooperating with the field support team to conduct ship surveys and commission equipment
- Implementing change requests to documentation
- Highlighting resource conflict or constraints to engineering management
- Producing estimates for new engineering work (e.g. redesign) and planning the work.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- A relevant Bachelor's or higher degree, or equal professional experience.
- Significant experience as a senior engineer within the In-Service phase of the lifecycle
- Provided leadership, and worked 'hands on,' during integration, testing and system commissioning
- Demonstrated the ability to plan and execute support tasks on complex projects
- Shown the ability to work under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts
- A background working with maritime equipment. An understanding of underwater warfare systems would be a bonus.
- Demonstrable experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrive under pressure and drive performance to meet tight deadlines
- Possess excellent organisational and management skills
- Be able to define problem spaces, gather data to establish the facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work
- Cooperate well with others to achieve outstanding outcomes
- Seek and give constructive feedback, and reflect on performance, to nurture potential within the team
- Have a full driving license. This role is office-based with regular travel to customer sites (primarily Portsmouth).
- Be eligible for security clearance to at least Security Check (SC) level with no caveats. This role is only open to UK sole nationals due to the security restrictions of the projects involved.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.