Graduate Software Engineer
A Graduate Software Engineer is required to join our team, to develop high-quality software solutions for our networking products. In this role, you will develop, implement, document, test and deploy robust and efficient software solutions, always ensuring our delivery commitments can be achieved.
Working in a fast-paced environment where multi-discipline teams are operating in tight collaboration, you will be exposed to all aspects of the design, testing and validation of our products. Continuous Improvement is at the heart of our culture and everyone is encouraged to find new ways of pushing the boundaries and innovate.
Working alongside experienced engineers, you will be encouraged and supported to reach your full potential, and have the opportunity to receive world-class training and support.
- Develop and maintain network embedded software to support our range of switch products.
- Develop test specifications and scripts to test network software during development and release.
- Provide direct support to internal and external stakeholders to ensure our delivery commitments are made.
- Communicate status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion.
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with our engineering processes.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Software Development Processes.
- A good understanding of C.
- A good understanding of Linux.
- A good understanding of Ethernet and exposure to networking protocols.
- A good understanding of scripting languages such as Python, bash or TCL
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Some exposure to ARM or PPC processors.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.