Team of 2 Data Cabling Engineers required for large development in Coventry. You will be working on new build student accommodation on a variety of...
An excellent opportunity has arisen on a contract basis for a Supplier Quality Engineer - to work alongside the Quality team for a prestigious engineering Company in the Leicester-shire area.
The contract is initially until the end of year - however there are a number of busy projects, so there is a strong chance of the contract being extended.
This is a 37.5 hour week contract - the core hours are Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm. There may be some flexibility with this for the right Candidate, although looking for as close to this working pattern as possible.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Site Quality
Team and Global Sourcing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality
requirements & supplier development.
- Focal point for supplier quality related activities for the supplier base supporting Measurement and Control product line.
- Coordinate, direct, and manage supplier quality activities with focus on issue resolution (CA/PA), supplier's approval, qualifications, development, process control, and quality assurance consistent with Global Sourcing quality initiatives.
- Leading a cross-functional team including the supplier to drive issue resolution and improvement activities.
- Technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of site material and components.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier's quality performance through Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma principles and methodology.
- Monitor and drive for Cost of Failure/ Quality (COF / COQ) reduction within the business and working with the Sourcing/Commercial teams costs associated with rejects/defects.
- Monitor supplier's non-conforming performance/ trends, and identify and drive process improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective actions CTQ.
- Providing technical guidance to suppliers towards assuring product/process compliance with engineering drawings, customer flowdown requirements and specifications.
- Work closely with Sourcing COEs, Business Teams, and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality requirements.
- Engineering degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Proven experience in Engineering with an Electronics/ Machining/ Fabrication background.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skill set and ability to co-ordinate multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment
- Highly self-motivated, results/metrics driven with demonstrated influencing skills
- Knowledge of quality tools and statistical analysis in ISO9001/AS9100 QMS requirements and applications preferably in Oil & Gas/ Energy Industry/ Aerospace business
- Lead Auditor qualified through a recognised accreditation body
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.