Lead Hardware Design Engineer A vacancy has arisen within our hardware engineering team for a Lead Hardware Design Engineer. In this role you will be...
Hardware Design Engineer
We are currently seeking a Hardware Design Engineer to join small cross-functional team under the guidance of a Lead Hardware Engineer, and you will be responsible for the design, development and verification of a variety of embedded electronics products. This may include Single Board Computers, Graphics cards and network switches, all of which are designed for use over extreme temperatures and in harsh environments.
This role would suit an experienced electronic engineer and is also suitable for a recent graduate looking to begin their career.
- Design, Implementation and test of embedded electronic products
- Perform Hardware Integration and Verification
- Assist the design team in the development and management of product requirements
- Report verbally on progress and produce clear, concise written documentation
- Provide engineering support for designs throughout their product lifecycle including production test support, customer support and obsolescence management as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electronic Engineering, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Excellent creative, problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of designing and developing embedded electronics products.
- Experience of design using the following :
- Multi-core/multi GHz System-on-Chip processor architectures, including Intel, NVIDIA and NXP architectures
- High-speed memory interfaces (DDR4 or similar)
- High-speed serial interfaces (5GHz+) - signal integrity principles, simulation and verification
- Switch-mode power supplies - design and simulation
- FPGA/SoC - development and verification using VHDL
- I/O interfaces such as USB, Serial, Ethernet, I2C, SPI
- Enthusiasm for the technology and its use in Military & Aerospace applications
- Desire to develop engineering skills in high-speed board & programmable logic design
- Ability to contribute effectively to team-working and group discussions
- Ability to establish and achieve personal deadlines and contribute to meeting project timescales
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to succeed within a dynamic technical and business landscape.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.