Safety & Security Engineer
Working directly for the Safety Lead the main duties of the role will include:
- Conducting safety and security-risk analysis on company-designed mission support systems, including Mission Planning Systems and tablet-based obstacle warning, navigation and Electronic Flight Bag products;
- Producing System Safety Analysis Reports and Safety Assessment Reports;
- Producing System Security Analysis Reports and Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS);
- Supporting the on-going maintenance, control and configuration management of all documentation and records relating to the Mission Systems' Safety Management System;
- Assisting with non-safety engineering tasks including the development of product security-related deliverables, configuration and testing of production systems and assisting Field Support Representatives;
- Assisting project support teams through troubleshooting system issues;
- Undertaking department project activities; and,
- Supporting Mission Systems goals and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
A degree in an engineering subject (Safety Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or numerate discipline); and;
Evidence of related engineering experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of UK safety legislation.
- Knowledge and experience of MAA Regulatory Publications.
- Knowledge and experience of working to the requirements of Def Stan 00-056, Mil-Std 882C and other civil aviation-related standards.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the Defence domain ideally Aviation.
- Knowledge and experience of demonstrating functional safety with air platforms and support systems and associated standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental Engineering techniques: Safety Argument development using Goal-Structuring Notation (GSN) or Claims-Argument-Evidence (CAE); Functional Failure Analysis (FFA); Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)/ Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA); Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Experience in demonstrating functional safety within software intensive systems and associated standards (e.g. RTCA/DO-178B, RTCA/DO-200A (ED-76), IEC 61508).
- Knowledge and experience in Hazard Log development and management using appropriate support applications such as DOORS.
- Knowledge and experience of producing System Safety Assessment Reports using appropriate support applications such as Adelard ASCE.
- An understanding of the impact of security to system architecture.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) current Information Security Management Principles.
- Knowledge and experience of stakeholder management within the Defence domain.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Testing of physical devices.
- Expert user of modern office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience with interface and integration protocols such as: ARINC429, 629, MIL-STD 1553.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Navigation and Mission Planning Systems.
- Knowledge of software development methods and safety-related information systems.
- Knowledge of Civil Aviation EFB standards.
- Experience of system development utilising COTS sub-systems.
- Competent user of IBM Rational DOORS tools.
- Working knowledge of on-aircraft Integration.
- Working Knowledge of ISO 27001, current National Cyber Security Centre Risk Management Principles or its predecessor Information Risk Management: HMG IA Standard Numbers 1 & 2
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.