Senior Software Engineer Our client is a leading developer of systems solutions for Land, Sea and Air applications within the defence sector. They are looking...
SCADA Control Systems Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of Integrated Bridge Management systems used on marine vessels. They are looking to hire SCADA Software Engineers to work on the development of maritime control and instrumentation systems for a defence programme.
As a key member of the software team, this role will be to take customer requirements/specifications from concept through to fruition on a maritime platform management system.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop SCADA control code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Selection & Specification of COTS SCADA equipment.
- Design and integration of SCADA control systems.
- High Level Programming Language experience within SCADA environments.
- Production of technical documentation.
- SCADA/PLC interfacing and driver configuration.
- Data Archiving and Logging.
- Proven experience in SCADA control systems design and programming.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Design and integration of PLC Control systems.
- Experience of Siemens TIA Portal & Rockwell Studio5000.
- Understanding of IEC 61131.
- VB, C#/C++ Programming.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
- Siemens WinCC OA
- Database development for data archiving & logging.
- IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent.
- SIL2 Software Development.
- Linux OS Configuration
- Experience of C&I Configuration management systems and change control.
- Experience of Large Infrastructure SCADA development.
- Software testing and verification.
- Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector (for example Oil & Gas, Pharma or PetroChem).
- Ship's machinery and control systems.
Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.