Are you an experienced Civil Engineer looking for a new challenge, then look no further Carbon60 are currently working with a leading Industrial Engineering company based in Grangemouth to recruit and experienced Civil and Structural Engineer for a large scale Petrochemical plant refit.
This will involve acting as a project engineer for smaller projects and to provide technical support to all large projects as well as supervising designers to ensure delivery of detailed work packages.
Other responsibilities will include:
- liaising directly with the client where required
- Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental protection are inherent in engineering design
- Ensure that all safety, design requirements, QA and project management procedures are applied and maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of discipline design deliverables
- Prepare specifications and requisitions for equipment
- Manage and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, cost control and variations
- Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to the engineering discipline
- Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
- Support site installation and commissioning activities
- Experience of the design of industrial buildings (in particular steel framed) including foundation selection and design, from concept to construction.
- Working knowledge of UK building regulations and current industry standards.
- Able to produce detailed calculations.
- Ability to produce civil, structural and building specifications.
- Recognised qualification in civil/structural engineering.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company that will value your expertise, this position will initially be on a 12 month contract basis.
Immediate starts are available and interviews will be held shortly.
Either apply now or contact the engineering team at Carbon60 Fareham.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.