Our client designs and develops a variety of systems for use in defence, including sonar, navigation and bridge management systems. These are used in land,...
We are currently looking for an experience Security systems/SEMD engineer to join a leading engineering company currently working on a package of work for Thames Water in a lead capacity.
This position will act as a technical specialist in all electronic security systems (access control, CCTV, Perimeter Fencing and intruder alarms) as well as providing general guidance to the team of SEMD Project Engineers and Project Management team.
As part of this position the Lead ESS Engineer will be required to support the management of sub-contractors on site.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the ramp-up and close-out processes where key tasks are required to prepare for works, and then the detailed / final site documentation (based upon the clients governance process)
- Prepare training material and present that to the end user
- Standing in to support site management of sub-contractors through design to construction and then final handover
- Intruder Alarms - E.g. Honeywell, Redwall, external detection sensors
- Access Control - E.g. Lenel
- CCTV - Axis, Honeywell, Genetec
Previous training/certification such as Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS), Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), Electro technical Certificate Scheme (ECS) will be advantageous.
The role will involve site work (mainly around London) and therefore travelling will be necessary and a full UK driving license is required. The lead engineer will attend client premises as required in a timely manner, be courteous, of a professional appearance, and ensure the project manager is kept fully informed of job progress. Key aspects of onsite duties will include:
- Complete the relevant service paperwork as provided. Escalation of any technical issues by form of a technical report documents and following up by the coordination of any return visits with the technical team.
- Any issues/problems such as unrectified faults, return visits or parts required will be notified by telephone to the project manager prior to leaving site.
- Feedback any relevant information to ensure problems encountered are dealt with so as not to reoccur, and areas where service and maintenance have gone particularly well are also to be highlighted
- Responsible for the planning and co-ordination sub-contract resource
- Be responsible for the Site Asset Maintenance Manual, and associated commissioning documentation are created and also meets the clients standards
We have immediate starts available and interviews will be held shortly so apply now or contact the Automation Team at Carbon60 Fareham.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.