looking for a new position ?based in hullavington6 month inital contract Electrical TechnicianPosition overview:A role within the Test & Development team, working predominantly in Hanger...
Carbon60 are actively seeking a CNC Machinist to work for an aerospace company based in Gloucester on a contract basis. As a machinist in an aerospace environment you will be responsible for programming & operating CNC machines for new and existing repair schemes. Additionally, you should be able to optimise CNC machines to give greater efficiency of throughput in the machine shop.
- To work to drawings and maintain a cost-effective way of machining parts, for future use.
- Manage TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance), continuous improvement.
- Work to H&S regulations and understand the risks within the environment.
- Be capable of diagnosing machine malfunctions when necessary and how to verify operations are being done efficiently
- Be able to calculate chamfers, recesses, intersections, radii, and other drawing requirements, to enable correct tool generation.
- Be able to calculate Speeds and Feeds to perform maximum efficiency.
- Input data to alter and correct drawing requirements. Set up tools using the set-up tooling device.
- To be able to set up and run multiple machines simultaneously.
- enable aircraft parts to be repaired in a safe manner.
- Support engineering / quality investigations and project work as and when required.
- Support cost-out/lean initiatives, EHS/ergonomic activities, housekeeping inspections and continuous improvement projects.
- Generate in-house tooling capability.
- Applicant should be an experienced CNC machinist, including programming and setting.
- The ability to read drawings and work to tolerances with micrometres and common measuring instruments.
- The ability to set up, align and clock up attachments onto machines and monitor the speeds and feeds of rotating parts.
- Desired Characteristics
- Knowledge of Doosan CNC machines.
- Good team player who is inclusive in their approach.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Outstanding integrity.
- Able to multi-task and deal with a varied work load.
- Flexible and willing to support other areas if required.
- Lean initiatives and knowledge of 5S processes.
If you are interested in hearing more details, please contact Dan Purnell on 01329 227030 to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.