Senior Software Test Engineer Our client is a leading developer of systems solutions for Land, Sea and Air applications within the defence sector. The candidate...
Capability Manager - Naval Sonar
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leadership role in the development of the next generation of Naval Sonars. You will be responsible for developing the Naval Sonar market through customer and partner engagement; providing the thought-leadership required to develop the operational concepts; identifying and securing internal/external R&D programmes to develop these systems; acting as System Design Authority (SDA) to provide the technical vision and assurance required to successfully develop these systems; and working with other Capability Managers / domain experts to develop a coherent and compelling product portfolio.
The Capability Manager (Naval Sonar) is responsible for:
- Acting as a Naval Sonar Domain Expert, including developing the product strategy and roadmaps.
- Developing the operational concepts for both single ship and force level ASW.
- Working with the Marketing Team to engage with Customers and Partners to develop the Naval Sonar market
- Provide technical and thought leadership in bids to secure R&D programmes.
- Keeping appraised of technical developments and future technology to ensure that the product portfolio evolves through both progressive and disruptive innovation.
- Identifying competitive / technical threats to the strategy and mitigating these where possible.
- Performing System Design Authority (SDA) role on various Naval Sonar programmes including providing technical governance of engineering activities.
- Design sign-off through key stages of the lifecycle including design reviews.
- Identification and mitigation of Technical Risk.
- Product Certification and Compliance approval (all technical aspects, including contractual & legislative).
- Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Significant experience across all areas of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with SDA experience desirable.
- Experience in the operation or development of naval sonars is desirable.
- Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.