Our client develops integrated bridge management systems for Marine Vessels. They are looking for a Software Engineer to support the delivery of a major software...
Senior Software Engineer
Our ideal candidate will be part of an innovative team of developers to provide full stack software development expertise across a broad range of products within the domain of Naval Weapons Systems, Combat Management Systems, Data Distribution systems and Sonar systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- C++ programming.
- Web Based UI design
- Embedded C\C++
- Hardware Software Interfacing
- Requirement analysis and derivation of system requirements down to software sub-system.
- Architectural design, selection and implementation of real time, distributed designs and design patterns.
- Formal software design methodology (UML, OO...).
- Debugging environments
- Use of Unit Test frameworks and implementation of (automated) unit testing.
- Production of formal test procedures and conduct of associated testing activities.
- Production of formal software documentation throughout the whole lifecycle (planning, design, test, transition, manuals...).
- Configuration and setup of production tool chains with continuous integration work flow.
- Agile development methodology and lifecycle.
- Verbal and written communication of complex items at a level suitable to be understood by internal and external stakeholders/customers/suppliers.
- Write technical reports or plans and present information to line manager, project management team and peers.
- Handle information of a sensitive, confidential or secret nature.
- Degree in a relevant subject (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering)
- C++, Agile, UML
- Software Engineering full stack, full lifecycle
- Specification preparation, verification and validation
- Preparation of design review material
- Delivering software on multiple applications and projects
- Work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills, able to liaise as all levels
- Good team player with a proactive and collaborative approach
- Must be capable of being SC Cleared
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.