Senior Software Test Engineer Our client is a leading developer of systems solutions for Land, Sea and Air applications within the defence sector. The candidate...
Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of systems solutions for Land, Sea and Air applications within the defence sector. They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the design, implementation, integration, deployment, optimisation and unit test of virtual hosted applications to support our advanced Sonar applications.
- Software Development in Java
- Defect investigation and defect resolution
- Support of integration and verification activities
- Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Java Programming - Essential
- Netbeans, eclipse, Java Swing, Java FX
- Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect - Desirable
- Software Configuration and Build Management - Desirable
- SVN, Jenkins, Hudson
- DDS using RTI or equivalent - Desirable
- IP Network design and optimisation - Desirable
- Derived Requirements Analysis - Desirable
- Software Planning and Design Documentation
- Software Test Planning and Elaboration - Desirable
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications - Desirable
- Knowledge of C++ - Desirable
- RTI DDS - Desirable
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and inter-personal skills;
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or a relevant subject.
- Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable;
- Experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
- An appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
- Capable of obtaining Security Clearance to at least SC level;
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.