Senior Software Test Engineer
The candidate will have input into test planning, scripting, and execution of test scenarios; interfacing to advanced sonar processing sub-systems deployed on Windows and Linux operating systems within virtualized environments. This role would suit a test engineer with a keen interest in software technology and a proven ability to deliver testing of software components as part of a wider complex product.
- Ability to generate structured Software Test Planning and Elaboration documentation.
- Support the design and execution of Systems and Software Tests to verify and validate that our Sonar Systems meet requirements, quality, performance and reliability criteria.
- Support of user acceptance evaluations, Factory Acceptance Tests, systems trials and confidence testing.
- Accountable for supporting the development and maintenance of Software test strategy, testing quality framework, and test methodology.
- Good understanding of Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect and DOORS would be desirable.
- Supports the policy and standards for the performing of business process testing.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Testing experience in a similar role - Essential
- Ability to understand and use Requirements Analysis to support test design and planning- Essential
- Working within a software development team debugging, reviewing and some coding - Essential
- Good understanding of Software Configuration and Build Management - Desirable
- Knowledge of UML, Enterprise Architect or DOORS - Desirable
- Knowledge of C++, RTI DDS - Desirable
- ISEB Accreditation in Software Testing or equivalent - Desirable
- A good working understanding of Microsoft applications - Desirable
- Experience of using testing tools and Test Harness frameworks: Jira, Redmine - Desirable
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications - Desirable
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and inter-personal skills;
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or a relevant subject.
- Experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
- An appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
- Capable of obtaining Security Clearance to at least SC level
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.