Senior Software Engineer Our client is a leading developer of systems solutions for Land, Sea and Air applications within the defence sector. They have an...
Senior Software Test Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of systems solutions for Land, Sea and Air applications within the defence sector. The candidate will have input into test planning, scripting, and execution of test scenarios; interfacing to advanced sonar processing sub-systems deployed on Windows and Linux operating systems within virtualized environments.
- Ability to generate structured Software Test Planning and Elaboration documentation.
- Support the design and execution of Systems and Software Tests to verify and validate that our Sonar Systems meet requirements, quality, performance and reliability criteria.
- Support of user acceptance evaluations, Factory Acceptance Tests, systems trials and confidence testing.
- Accountable for supporting the development and maintenance of the Software test strategy, testing quality framework, and test methodology.
- Good understanding of Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect and DOORS would be desirable.
- Supports the policy and standards for the performing of business process testing.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Testing experience in a similar role - Essential
- Ability to understand and use Requirements Analysis to support test design and planning- Essential
- Working within a software development team debugging, reviewing and some coding - Essential
- Good understanding of Software Configuration and Build Management - Desirable
- Knowledge of UML, Enterprise Architect or DOORS - Desirable
- Knowledge of C++, RTI DDS - Desirable
- ISEB Accreditation in Software Testing or equivalent - Desirable
- A good working understanding of Microsoft applications - Desirable
- Experience of using testing tools and Test Harness frameworks: Jira, Redmine - Desirable
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications - Desirable
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and inter-personal skills;
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or a relevant subject.
- Experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
- An appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
- Capable of obtaining Security Clearance to at least SC level;
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.