Senior Systems Engineer Loudwater As a Systems Engineer, to conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger...
Principal Systems Engineer
The System Design Authority (SDA) for Electro-optic and navigation data systems will be responsible for providing technical leadership and design governance on projects within the command and control domain. Existing products are being developed for new customers utilising newer technologies. The SDA will be involved throughout the complete project lifecycle with particular emphasis on the demands of functional, non-functional, safety requirements and certification. Specific projects include Naval Electro-optic director heads and data distribution system updates. System Design Authority provides design governance to ensure projects are technical compliant and that all engineering activities are conducted to an acceptable technical quality in accordance with company procedures.
As a Systems Engineer, to conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team.
- Conducting Systems Engineer tasks throughout the systems lifecycle consisting of:
- System testing and reporting:
- Configuration and Data Management
- Training and Development
- Maintain and develop your own functional skills relevant to the systems discipline.
- Identify own training needs and develop your personal career path to support the personal development process.
- Adhere to the company's systems engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Support planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales.
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
- HNC/HND, degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies , processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Full driving licence
- Able to support UK travel and short periods away from home.
- Occasional need for worldwide travel and being away from home for reasonable lengths of time.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.