We are looking for a Team Leader to work a 3 month temp position based in Brighton.
You will be responsible for the day to day operations in a designated area for the Refuse, Recycling and Street Cleaning service as well as planning efficient safe work programmes to keep the areas free of rubbish. You will ensure services are improving and developing, keeping up to date with changes within the law, best practice and new technologies.
Particular responsibilities include the following:
- To plan, organise, co-ordinate the day to day service operations and manage the work of staff and agency staff engaged, e.g. refuse, recycling, street cleansing, beach cleansing and car parks ensuring performance targets and service standards are met.
- To identify training and development needs for staff, and to assist in the compiling of training plans with the relevant manager. Assist in devising a programme for implementation and assist in delivery of the training where appropriate.
- Ensure that all equipment, materials and services required by the team are in place and safe to use at all times, and that any shortfalls are identified and resolved
- To be the professional face of the business responding to queries from customers and attending meetings providing information on the services, promoting waste reduction and recycling and responding to and resolving service problems
- To respond appropriately and sensitively to a wide range of written and verbal enquiries and complaints taking appropriate action to resolve as necessary.
Skills required for the Team Leader:
- The ability to use a wide range of street cleansing vehicles and machinery in accordance with safe systems of work and operating instructions plus appropriate certification/licence.
- Significant experience of supervising and training staff in safe systems of work
- Significant experience within waste industry
- NVQ 3 Waste Management Supervision
- Detailed knowledge of Street Cleansing operations and Refuse and Recycling operations
This Team Leader role is a temporary position for 3 months, based in Brighton
For more information, please contact Yasmine Degmenlibey on 01296 311 446 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.