Our client, a leading manufacturer of industrial pumps, fluid transfer products and rotating equipment, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Based at the Leeds site, you will be designing pumps used in the Oil & Gas sector whilst taking into consideration plant layout as well as integration of the pump within the existing system.
The responsibilities include:
- Producing engineering design plans for each project, arranging specialist support when necessary
- Carrying out design and detailing of pumps including centrifugal, skid-mounted and bare shaft pumps
- Preparation of calculations, drawings, requisitions and BOMs for each project, according to agreed procedures and specifications
- Issuing specifications for factored items including mechanical seals, couplings, seal systems etc
- Co-ordinate design reviews and maintain accurate, up-to-date records
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally, an understanding of Oil & Gas, Pumps, Flow Control or other similar sectors
- Design and detailing experience
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer aided design as well as PDM databases
This is a permanent position.
To register interest or apply, submit your CV today or call Cassandra at Carbon60 on 01329227067 for a confidential chat.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.