Stock Condition Surveyor, Greater London, Mon Fri, 6-7 month temp contract. (Extensions and other opportunities could arise)We are currently recruiting for a Stock Condition Surveyor...
Building Control Surveyor, Luton, 37 hour week, £35 - £45 p/h, 3 month contract - scope to extend
Carbon60 is looking for an Building Control Surveyor on a contract basis, based in Luton.
The Building Control Surveyor will be working for a company which specialises within Local Authority.
A FANTASTIC opportunity has arisen for an Building Control Surveyor to deliver a day to day operational service in line with adopted polices, providing technical advice to stakeholders and staff and help in identifying new income streams and maximise existing income streams.
Responsibilities are below however not limited to:
- Provide technical advice and support to contractors, clients and businesses on a wide variety of complex building control matters which may include sensitive situations and be able to successfully negotiate with relevant parties to reach and agreed resolution within appropriate acts and regulations and adopted policies and within scope of qualifications and experience on complex matters.
- The role of the Area Building Control Surveyor will be focussed either the commercial or residential workloads as determined by the Building Control Team Leaders. The role is to undertake site inspections and write inspection reports, advising the client / contractor works required to ensure adherence to Building Regulations and take necessary actions to ensure these are met.
- Respond to and enforces the process of serving notices under various parts of the Building Act as required (demolition, enforcement, Initial Notices etc) as part of the companies Statutory Powers.
- Working within a Building Control Service that is customer focussed, the purpose is to ensure building and construction works meet Building Regulations and are fit for purpose.
- Approximately 600-700 applications per annum - aiming to increase to 1000 applications per annum. This role will be undertaking approximately 6-8 site inspections per day.
Skills required for the Building Control Surveyor:
- Must be qualified in either RICS, CABE or CIOB.
- Able to immediately pick up onsite inspections (mostly domestic but retail experience would be very useful), any experience of enforcement actions.
- Up to date knowledge of Building Regs essential (Part B recently updated).
- Experience of promoting and marketing Building Control service to generate income.
- Construction related degree or relevant experience
This Building Control Surveyor role is a contract position, based in Luton
For more information, please contact Yasmine Degmenlibey on 01296 311 446 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.