Electrical HandypersonA fantastic opportunity available. Are you a Electrical handyperson with CSCS card, based in central London. If so, we are looking for an electrical...
We are looking for a Building Control Surveyor to work a 3 month temp position based in Luton. (Possibility to extend)
You will be responsible to deliver a day to day operational service in line with adopted polices, providing technical advice to stakeholders and staff and help in identifying new income streams and maximise existing income streams. You will be working in a new agile working environment. Therefore you will need to ensure ICT provision as well as available equipment are used correctly to ensure they and the business operate efficiently and effectively.
Particular responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical advice and support to contractors, clients and businesses on a wide variety of complex building control matters which may include sensitive situations and be able to successfully negotiate with relevant parties to reach an agreed resolution within appropriate acts and regulations and adopted policies and within scope of qualifications and experience on complex matters.
- The role of the Area Building Control Surveyor will be focussed either the commercial or residential workloads as determined by the Building Control Team Leaders. The role is to undertake site inspections and write inspection reports, advising the client / contractor works required to ensure adherence to Building Regulations and take necessary actions to ensure these are met.
- Respond to and enforces the process of serving notices under various parts of the Building Act as required (demolition, enforcement, Initial Notices etc) as part of the companies Statutory Powers.
- Working within a Building Control Service that is customer focussed, the purpose is to ensure building and construction works meet Building Regulations and are fit for purpose.
- Approximately 600-700 applications per annum - aiming to increase to 1000 applications per annum. This role will be undertaking approximately 6-8 site inspections per day.
Skills required for the Building Control Surveyor:
- Must be qualified in either RICS, CABE or CIOB.
- Able to immediately pick up onsite inspections (mostly domestic but retail experience would be very useful), any experience of enforcement actions.
- Up to date knowledge of Building Regs essential (Part B recently updated).
- Experience of promoting and marketing Building Control service to generate income.
- Construction related degree or relevant experience.
This Building Control Surveyor role is a temporary position for 3 months which has a possibility to extend, based in Luton.
For more information, please contact Yasmine Degmenlibey on 01296 311 446 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.