Electro Mechanical assembly and repair to military quality standards required for a Defence company in Bedfordshire.You will be working in a clean room environment with...
We are looking for are seeking an experienced construction professional to work as a Clerk of Works on multiple construction projects currently being undertaken by the company based in Hillingdon.
You will be responsible to oversee and report on the quality and safety of construction works undertaken by the company. You will ensure that plans and specifications are being followed correctly and that all works being carried out to the standard required in current legislation, published guidance as well as current best practice.
Particular responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the monitoring, recording and completion of defects during the defect liability period.
- Undertake site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with the contract specification and drawings, current legislation and the companies standards and policies as they relate to the companies related projects.
- Monitor contractors' performance in carrying out defects works, ensuring a high quality service is delivered to all stakeholder groups and in particular to those relating to the companies related projects.
- To plan, arrange and execute own work in accordance with departmental policies and procedures in order to meet statutory requirements, client needs, personal and team objectives and targets.
- To ensure all purchasing and procurement activity is conducted in accordance with the companies Procurement & Contract Standing Orders and individual group's Scheme of Delegations.
- Contribute to the regular update and review of the contracts register and the testing of business continuity plans to mitigate risk in the event of supplier or contractors failure.
Skills required for the Clerk of Works:
- A broad background would be ideal i.e. Mix of professional, contracting and Local Authority.
- Experience working on new build, refurbishment projects as well as planned, maintenance and reactive repairs.
- Construction/Surveying/ property related Higher Education Qualification, Construction Trade Certificate and a CSCS card or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work flexibly and attend the company and Public meetings outside usual working hours as required.
- Hold a valid UK Driver's Licence.
- Experience of developing and managing a strong customer service culture.
This Clerk of Works role is a temp for 3 months, based in Hillingdon.
For more information, please contact Yasmine Degmenlibey on 01296 311 446 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.