Contract Software/Firmware Engineer Pressure EngineeringAn excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Manufacturing Organisation based in Leicestershire.This is a contract position, which is an...
An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Manufacturing Organisation based in the Leicestershire area. This is a contract requirement, and will be for a minimum period of 6 months - although an extension is likely due to sustainable projects and programmes.
The role is for a Lead Applications Engineer to join the Test & Calibration Instruments team.
You should already have been an Aviation Engineer who has experience on Rotary and Fixed wing Platforms in Testing and Calibration. Candidates with a Military/Armed Forces background will be of particular interest.
- Understanding of Airframe, Engine test and maintenance
- Experience in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of test and calibration methods and practices
- Experience of working with Aircraft instrumentation in a Flight-line, maintenance or technical support environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
- Knowledge of both Military and Commercial helicopter platforms
- Knowledge of both Military and Commercial fixed wing platforms
- Knowledge of both Military and Commercial Aero engine platforms
- Knowledge of Calibration and/or asset management of tools and test equipment
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests
If you only have experience with Military Platforms we are still interested to hear from you.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
As a Lead Applications Engineer, you will be based within the engineering product development team, working closely with our product management and customer facing teams to specify and develop customer solutions using our test and calibration instrumentation products. You will present to senior leaders and to cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
- Listen to customers and understand their needs
- Work to develop new products as development of customer requests in flight-line testing applications
- Work with the design team for development of new products
- Use your knowledge and experience to develop the team
- Keep all records of development to assist in writing final instructions for end users and technical notes
- Meticulous recording of all engineering functions for audit and CAA/FAA documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Some international travel is likely as part of the role working with remote engineering, customers and sales
- Development and delivery of product training to customers, channel partners and global sales teams
- Support external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.