Senior Highway Officer, Hertfordshire, 37 hour week, £34,788 pa progressing to £42,683 pa plus Market Forces (£1,500 in Oct and £1,500 in April)Carbon60 is looking...
Environmental Health Officer
£34.00 p/h - 36 hour week - 6 months (possibility to extend)
We are looking for an Environmental Health Officer to work a 6 month contract based in Hillingdon.
You will be part of a team concerned with enforcing Food, Health and Safety and Health Protection legislation within the company by means of enforcement, advice, and education. You will be responsible to actively enforce and investigate all areas of Food Health and Safety and Health Protection, by undertaking investigations, inspections and sampling.
Particular responsibilities include the below:
- To maintain a high degree of knowledge of Environmental Health Law in particular as it relates to Health and Safety, Food Control, Health Protection and Infectious Disease. Keep fully conversant with all legislative and technical developments in relation to the function of the team.
- To provide professional advice on a wide range of Environmental Health issues to members of the public, and other organisations, officers from other departments of the Company.
- Undertaking inspections to enforce Food Safety and Health and Safety legislation as may be required in accordance with current procedures to ensure the Company complies with its responsibilities under the relevant legislation, identifying required remedial action.
- Supervision, where necessary of works in default by contractors following non-compliance with statutory notices and to ensure works are carried out satisfactorily and recorded properly to enable the Company to recover its costs.
- Represent the Food Health and Safety Team at meetings, seminars and forums
Skills / Experience required for the Environmental Health Officer :
- Diploma/Degree/MSc in Environmental Health
- EHORB Registration
- Current full driving license; Must have a car to travel to enable you to carry out visits around the borough
- Experience working in a large organisation and dealing with competing priorities.
- Good knowledge of Environmental Health legislation with the ability to interpret and communicate to public and other staff.
This Environmental Health Officer role is a temp role for 6 months, based in Hillingdon
For more information, please contact Yasmine Degmenlibey on 01296 311 446 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.