There are a number of permanent opportunities available, working for a Prestigious Aircraft Company working on their engines at their facility next to London Heathrow...
Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for an Offshore Field Engineer to provide accurate and thorough world class technical support across the full range of product portfolio. This is delivered to all external customers worldwide both onshore and offshore in a safe manner at all times.
You will have an up to date Offshore Survival Course certification aswell as an up to date medical clearance for offshore working.
As this is a field based role, it is expected that you would be travelling 120 days per year, often deploying at short notice
- To install, commission, service and repair the full range of products on customer premises, rigs, vessels and dockyards worldwide.
- To carry out pre-work inspections, tool-box talks and specific on-site requirements.
- To manage all customer relationships pro-actively, through detailed updates of work carried out, comprehensive customer familiarisation with product/equipment and timely escalation and detailed descriptions of product, system and customer problems routed through the Customer Service/Operations team, second line engineering technical specialist support or Management where appropriate.
- To submit regular and comprehensive communications i.e. updates and documentation e.g. Visit Reports and raising Support Cases using the CRM system during, and on completion of, offshore and onshore assignments.
- To identify new sales opportunities and customer service initiatives to the Customer Service/Operations team through observation and direct liaison with customers during scheduled visits or trouble-shooting activities.
- To provide technical expertise, when onshore, in the form of support telephone calls and electronic system support direct to customers and internal resources such as Sales, Engineering, Regional Offices, etc.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Apprenticeship/HNC/HND or equivalent further education level relevant to country of education)
- Awareness of basic mechanical engineering principles
- Basic understanding of acoustic principles and effects of various aspects on acoustic product performance
- Experience of offshore working e.g. confined spaces, inclement weather, sole operator, challenging customers, low housekeeping/cleanliness environments, varied cultural backgrounds etc.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and on a sea-based operation without severe personal effects
- Experience of installation, repair, service and commission of equipment interfacing with other products and systems
- Experience of fault diagnosis involving hardware and software
- Understanding and application of communication protocols RS232/RS485
- Working knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, cable testers
- Proven ability to write internal Company Visit Reports and bespoke 'How to' manuals for customer use on vessels, rigs etc
- Ability to understand and use CRM IT systems to support offshore reporting to the Company and raise Support Cases onshore and offshore etc
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.