There are a number of permanent opportunities available, working for a Prestigious Aircraft Company working on their engines at their facility next to London Heathrow...
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to create, maintain and deliver Inertial Navigation System embedded software solutions, meeting internal and external customer requirements through all stages of the development lifecycle.
This role will involve occasional UK and International travel. In a typical year this may involve a number of offsite visits to the Plymouth trials facility.
- Educated to degree level i.e. BSc/BEng or equivalent qualification in a related discipline; such as Electronics, Physics or Computer Science
- Proven experience in the development of quality solutions to tight timescales
- Strong C / C++ skills in an embedded, multi-threaded POSIX RTOS environment(s)
- Experience in maintaining existing code bases by implementing new features and bug fixes considering existing customer use cases
- Experience of hardware/software interfacing, particularly digital electronics
- Low-level communications experience e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, RS232/485
- Competence in the use of algorithms and data structures
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.