There are a number of permanent opportunities available, working for a Prestigious Aircraft Company working on their engines at their facility next to London Heathrow...
Project Engineer - Sunbury on Thames
Scope of Role
- To act as the responsible engineer or provide support to the responsible engineer as part of the project team for the development of products and systems for military and rail vehicles.
- The successful candidate will be involved with major development contracts as well as bids/proposals, R&D activities and legacy production support.
- The successful applicant will have responsibilities across all elements of New Product Introduction, including performance modelling, prototype build and development, test and verification and full lifecycle development within a gated review environment.
- This position suits an individual who has a good balance between academic/analytical prowess and hardware exposure.
- Preparation of technical proposals, costings and associated documentation to support business development
- Providing technical consultancy to the sales teams in order to secure new work.
- Supporting the full lifecycle development of equipment/systems and promoting technical excellence within the organisation.
- Design validation and verification of both new and legacy products equipment or systems and liaison with the customer to mitigate compliance issues.
- Project engineering/management of smaller projects over entire life cycle.
- High level mechanical engineering design of electromechanical equipment over entire life cycle.
- Detailed design and analysis including stress, thermal and performance, plus full suite of technical documentation.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Automotive/Aerospace/Military land systems experience with technical responsibility for the development of components and systems.
- Able to develop equipment or systems within the constraints of a highly regulated industry and in consideration of technical/commercial requirements; designing to cost, having a first-time-right approach and balancing the engineering and programmatic needs of the customer.
- A sound understanding of standards and recommended practices (especially within mechanical design), requirements-based engineering, requirements elicitation, validation and verification of design solutions.
- Relevant CAD software experience including Solidworks and Inventor.
- Able to interpret stress, thermal and fluid analyses from first principles and understanding of the limitations of such tools as FEA and CFD.
- Working knowledge of the detailed design of fans, heaters, AC and vapour cooling systems for harsh environments, including advanced materials assessment and selection.
- A solid academic engineering background.
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels of the hierarchy through presentations, verbally and written, especially directed at customer interaction.
- Project engineering / project management experience in an NPI environment.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Automotive, Aerospace / Aeronautics).
- Post graduate qualification would be advantageous.
- Chartered status would be advantageous.
- Project management qualification would be advantageous.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.