Electromechanical fitterThe electromechanical fitter shall work as part of the engineering team and be responsible for electrical and mechanical manufacture, fitting and assembly in accordance...
Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for a Buyer to manage the purchasing process for mechanical products in an accurate, cost-effective and timely manner, ensuring suppliers are fully aware of Company priorities and requirements, in order to meet internal customer purchasing demands.
You will be joining a team which will comprise of 2 Buyers, an Expeditor/Assistant Buyer and a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Team form part of the Materials Control team which consists of a Production Planning Manager, Planners and a Planning Administrator
- To analyse, action and prioritise purchasing demands generated via the MRP system to meet Production schedules and other 'internal' customer requirements
- To coordinate and prioritise other purchasing demands for non-stock items raised by internal departments (e.g. Engineering, Stores, Finance etc.)
- To obtain quotations, analyse and place orders with suppliers in a timely manner via telephone and/or email, using Preferred Supplier Lists or individually negotiated contracts
- To communicate with suppliers directly via email and/or telephone to chase outstanding items highlighted by Overdue Reports or advise of changes in Company requirements
- To assist with negotiation and management of Supplier Terms and Conditions/Contracts.
- To identify and suggest new suppliers to the Company, where required e.g. through quality issues, unavailability of stock, uncompetitive pricing, obsolescence of parts, closure of suppliers, one-off new requests etc.
- To effectively manage supplier relationships, using supplier performance management tools, which may include supplier dashboards/KPI measurement. This includes regularly undertaking visits to existing and new suppliers
- To take part in annual stock take activities.
- Knowledge and extensive practical experience of MRP systems essential (Syspro 7+ ideal )
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings with a good understanding of engineering materials and processes.
- IT literate, with the ability to utilise the MS Office suite, in particular Excel, Outlook and Word. Excel knowledge essential.
- Considerable experience of purchasing within a manufacturing environment or similar
- Demonstrable experience in the procurement of mechanical parts
- Experience of effective collaborative working with colleagues from other functions, including the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Experience in effectively organising workload, including planning, delegation, prioritisation and multi-tasking
- Experience in Supplier/Customer negotiation
- Experience in the management of supplier quality, including a sound knowledge of ISO 9001 (2015) requirements.
- Proven experience in effective Supplier Relationship Management, using Supplier Performance Management Tools, such as supplier scorecards/dashboards.
- Experience in the Negotiation and Management of Supplier Terms and Conditions
- Knowledge of Legal and Compliance requirements within Procurement
Driving Licence Essential
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.