PLC Control Systems Software Engineer Our client is a leading developer of Integrated Bridge Management systems used on marine vessels. They are looking to hire...
Our client is a leading developer of integrated bridge management systems for Defence and Commercial marine vessels. They are looking for a Change Engineer to join their systems engineering team.
As a key member of the systems engineering team, this role will be to evaluate customer change requests and prepare costed technical proposals to support delivery of a new maritime platform management project.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the preparation of bids and proposals
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements
- Provide cost and schedule estimates
- Facilitate the product change management meetings
- Own the change management process and ensure consistent application
- Generate progress status reports and communicate to the business effectively including preparation of daily, weekly and monthly KPI's and investigate all deviations from agreed standards
- Ensure product change management data integrity and accuracy in the ERP system
- Produce documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures
- Support in the financial and man-loading forecasts for the group
- Travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required
Skills & Experience
- Engineering lifecycle experience in systems, hardware or software development.
- Bid proposals and/or programme planning and estimating experience.
- System architectural design and analysis.
- High standard of technical writing.
- Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline.
- Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
- British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.