Our client is a leading developer of control systems used on military and commercial marine vessels. They are looking for a Control Systems Engineer to...
Control Systems Hardware Design Engineer x 2
Our client is a leading developer of integrated bridge management systems for Defence and Commercial marine vessels. They are looking to hire 2 Control Systems Hardware Design Engineers into their business.
As a key member of the hardware and systems engineering team, this role is primarily to provide hardware integration and electrical design expertise to support the design and development of a new highly integrated platform management and machinery control system for maritime applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Specify, design, and develop hardware solutions for distributed electronic control systems.
- Integrate off-the-shelf electrical and electronic equipment
- Demonstrate compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Produce documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- To travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request.
Skills & Experience
- A degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering or a related discipline.
- Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently, professionally and on time.
- Be able to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
- Systems engineering, requirements capture and analysis.
- Design and integration of complex electrical/electronic systems and equipment.
- Specification and analysis of COTS components and subassemblies.
- System and/or hardware testing and verification.
- Demonstrating compliance to customer specifications and international standards.
- Using configuration management tools and processes.
- Digital control systems implemented using COTS and/or embedded hardware.
- Electronic interfaces, data bus communication protocols and networking standards.
- Environmental & EMC standards; e.g. Def Stan 00-35, Def Stan 59-411, MIL-STD-461 or similar.
- Electrical schematics.
- MTBF calculations, FMECAs, reliability block diagrams.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.