Systems Engineer ref 126 In this newly created role, we're looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Naval Services department. As well as working...
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
Our client is a leading developer of integrated bridge management systems for Naval marine vessels. As a Safety Engineer your role is to carry out safety engineering analysis of control systems as part of an overall BS EN 61508 design safety process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out functional safety activities with both internal and customer design teams
- Providing support to Engineering teams on safety-related design topics
- Working with Safety Managers to provide evidence for design safety assurance
- Produce technical documentation to a high standard in accordance with company/customer procedures
- To travel to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, occasionally overseas, as required.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in a safety-related engineering environment
- Understanding of demonstration of compliance to international standards and client specifications
- Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
- Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Reliability Block Diagrams
- Ability to relate to a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and supplier engineering teams)
- Experience in safety assurance of COTS PE based systems or high integrity software
- Degree, HND, HNC in Electrical/Electronic/Control/Software/Systems Engineering or related discipline
- UK Eyes Only Security Clearance required - Sole British Citizens Only
- Familiarity with the formal safety requirements of BS EN 61508 and SIL analysis
- Experience of ship's machinery control systems, Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
- Safety requirements capture and negotiation
- PLC Code Development to IEC61131 - Ladder and Function Block - Desirable
- HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
- Knowledge of formal Validation and Verification processes
- Integration, Test and Fault Diagnosis on complex PLC
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.