Test Engineer Our client is a leading developer of control systems used on surface ships and submarines for the Navy. This role will focus...
Our client is a leading developer of products used on Naval marine vessels. They are looking for a Technical Author to develop and maintain new and existing Technical Publications (manuals, user guides, data modules etc.)
- Produce technical publications for all products delivered by the Surface Ships Organisation.
- Maintain technical publications for existing products; close working with engineers to ensure all changes are captured and implemented quickly.
- Manage and maintain configuration control of all work products.
- Manage and maintain tools and processes applicable to technical publications.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve process to increase efficiency, quality and usability (customer's voice).
Skills & Experience
- Essential experience of Adobe FrameMaker, specifically S1000D
- Experienced in the production of Technical Publications (Manuals, User Guides etc.).
- Must have an excellent standard of written English, and must be able to explain complex features and functions using simple and clear language.
- Strong communication skills; ability to extract information from others.
- Strong numeracy and problem solving skills.
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
It would be ideal if the candidate had:
- Knowledge of the Naval Marine Industry.
- Knowledge of JIRA configuration management
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.