Maintenance Control EngineerInterested in working as a Maintenance Control Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!This Position has...
Design and Development Engineer - Witney, Oxfordshire
My client are looking for a Design and Development Engineer to work in their Engineering Department.
- The design and development of pressure vessels, hydraulic components, hydraulic manifold assemblies, power units and complete hydraulic systems to customer specifications and to internationally recognised standards.
- To liaise with clients and sales engineers in order to translate customer requirements into commercially viable products and solutions.
The nature of the role means we are looking for someone who has excellent communication and people skills and is comfortable working within a small team environment. It is essential that the ideal candidate possess the following attributes:
- At least 2 years mechanical design/drawing experience for production/manufacturing
- Strong 3D CAD design skills (ideally using Solidworks)
- Experience in designing hydraulic components/manifolds/systems and pressure vessels
- A good understanding of drawing office methodologies, PLM systems etc.
- Experience in creating Bills of Materials, Engineering Change Notes, Revision control etc.
- Experience of supervising the assembly and testing of hydraulic components and systems
- The ability to write technical reports, documenting performance characteristics and user manuals
- The ability to modify and develop existing products and system designs to improve performance at a reduced cost
- Experience of providing technical support post-handover
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- The ability to liaise with customers and sales engineers to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction
- The ability to maintain detailed project files containing all relevant information regarding the work undertaken
- Full driving licence
In addition to the above, desirable attributes would be as follows:
- Experience in design of pressure vessels and piped systems for the offshore and process industry (to PD5500, ASME, EN13445, API)
- Experience in FEA analysis of pressure vessels
- Experience in CFD analysis of product designs
- Knowledge and experience of 2D draft sight/Auto CAD
- A knowledge of SAP
- Hydraulic applications knowledge and hydraulic system schematic design and interpretation
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.